From: xichen@marvell.com [mailto:xichen@marvell.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:51 AM
To: Fakterman, Boris
Cc: stds-802-3-10GBT@ieee.org; stds-802-3-10GBT-Modeling@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [10GBT-Modeling] RE: [10GBT-Cabling] [10GBASE-T] a channel
ca pacity estim...

Boris,

I completely agree with you.  The undergoing discussion is to let
everyone
in this group understand what kind of problems we are facing in setting
up
the new standard.  We are dealing with more than a academic problem, we
are
dealing with a standard that will be tested in the field.  Therefore
carefully counting all the factors in the real world is definitely
necessary for our success.  Before doing something, we must know what we
can do and cannot.  If we simply set up a goal and we actually don't
know
whether we can do it or not.  Then a lot of the efforts in this group
can
be wasted without any return.

So let's wait until the cable data accepted by everybody in this group
are
available.  Then the discussion can restart on a solid ground.

Regards,

Xiaopeng

"Fakterman, Boris" <boris.fakterman@intel.com>@majordomo.ieee.org on
02/26/2003 07:38:54 AM