[10GBASE-T] A question list we need to answer

Hi, all,

I think we have had some quite meaningful discussions in this group on our
project.  Following George's idea, I list the following questions that we
need to answer to make constructive progress in our discussion on this
reflector and in the coming Dallas meeting.

1)  Is the channel capacity metric meaningful in 10GBT?
2)  If no to 1), then what metric we should use to finish our work?
3)  If yes to 1), what channel/noise data we should use?  (cabling ad-hoc
group is working hard on this)
4)  If yes to 1), what noise/interference cancellation levels can be
achieved in the real-world? (Dallas meeting topic, I think)
5)  Is the current target (100m CAT-5E/CAT-6) achievable based on the
metric we choose?
6)  If no to 5), then what should we do next?
7)  If yes to 5), then is there more simulations (for example, time-domain
simulations) need to be carried out for verification?

The list can be imcomplete, so please let us know your opinion.

Best Regards,

Xiaopeng
Marvell Semiconductor