[10GBASE-T] RE: [10GBT-Modeling] Reflections

Bill,

Only Lord God Almighty knows the future with certainty.
To us mortals however, history is a helpful aid (no guarantees)
in predicting the future. When the folks were working on the 1000BASE-T
standard the building blocks, required for 1000BASE-T AFE, in
one form or the other existed. In case of ADC, among others, see for
example:

C. W. Moreland, "An 8b 150MS/s serial ADC" ISSCC 1995 (ENOB=7-bit)

If you survey the last four years of ADC publications at ISSCC
(including 2003), where people are showing off their latest and
greatest achievements, you'll not find any giga-hertz, Nyquist ADC
with ENOB > 6.5-bit.

Bill I have learned my lesson never to say never; but this one sure is a
tough one.

Regards,

Joseph N. Babanezhad
Plato Labs.