From: Jonathan Thatcher [mailto:Jonathan.Thatcher@worldwidepackets.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 12:20 PM
To: Warland, Tim; pat_thaler@agilent.com; Booth, Bradley; stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [10GBASE-T] Clauses 22 and 45 (was EFM OAM...)

Don’t forget that access to C45 registers will be possible through C22 via additions made in EFM.

What is the value of moving all C22 into C45 if the same interface can read both register sets already?

Didn’t we (802.3ae) decide not to do this when we created C45 registers in the first place? What has changed?

jonathan