RE: [10GBASE-T] PAR and 5 critters

Dan,

My January 2003 presentation to IEEE 10GBASE-T SG

http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GBT/public/jan03/babanezhad_1_0103.pdf

assumes that all the line-signals considered (MLT3, PAM5-to-PAM33)
have the same minimum pulsewidth of 800ps. That is why all of them
have notches at 1.25GHz and 2.5GHz.

If you were to review my March 2003 presentation

http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GBT/public/mar03/babanezhad_1_0303.pdf

here various line signals considered have different minimum
pulsewidth in order for all of them to achieve 2.5 Gb/s data rate.
The minimum pulsewidth for both MLT3 and PAM5 is 800ps. For MLT3
and PAM5 their notches are still at 1.25GHz and 2.5GHz while for
PAM9-to-33 they are at different frequencies. When comparing
MLT3 and PAM5's frequency spectrums it becomes clear that MLT3
shows considerable peaking around pass-band and notch frequencies.

There was no additional filtering, such as TX pulse shaping, included
in deriving these frequency spectrums.

Regards,

Joseph N. Babanezhad
Plato Labs.