RE: [10GBASE-T] PAR and 5 critters

Hi,

I think George's work is valuable. Here is my opinion regarding the DSP
Alien mitigation:

1. It does not matter whether the Alien NEXT disturbers are synchronous
with the victim or not. The ANEXT mitigation is based on the noise
auto-correlation between different pair lines of a victim. There is no
need to recover the ANEXT data. It is not like the 1000BaseT on which we
need to cancel the self-NEXT, therefore, the synchronization and
aggressor's data pattern have to be identified in order to achieve high
amount of cancellation.

2. It doe not matter whether the number of disturber is one, six, or
more. What it cares is the difference (or uniformity) of aggregated
noise applied on the 4 pairs of signal of victim.

3. It does not matter whether there is a long latency introduced by DSP
processing or not. The Alien mitigation, on my opinion, requires a time
domain window of data to process. It is not like DFE or FFE which we
cancel the pre- or post-cursor interference on the spot of sampling
time. I anticipate that the Alien mitigation DSP look more like a
post-processing job and therefore will cause long latency. It may affect
the link latency budget but not the accuracy.

However, I do think the complexity of the DSP is a big challenge. That's
why everybody is working so hard.

Regards,

-Joseph