RE: [10GBASE-T] PAR and 5 critters

Vivek -
In trying to refocus this discussion on the PAR & 5 criteria, rather
than a tutorial on specific implementation techniques (I know I can't
find the same on any state-of-the-art 1000BASE-T part), I tried to
answer your direct question as to how the numbers were derived, to
alleviate your concern about double-counting for reductions.  By using
vendors' stated complexities, I believe there is no double counting.

I'll refrain from responding to your hyperbole in detail, only to point
out what you know is that 1000BASE-T parts today represent a high degree
of circuit and algorithm optimization, which may not necessarily apply
directly to a 10GBASE-T design.  That's one of many reasons why
historically, companies that were leaders in one technology aren't
necessarily leaders in the next step.

Getting back to the 5 criteria, on technical feasibility, it appears
that  we are now at a point of discussing economic feasibility of a
solution (complexity) rather than whether it can be done at all
(technical feasibility) on a broad market of the installed base
(including some lengths of Class D & E).  If so, then we've made
progress.

George Zimmerman
gzimmerman@solarflare.com
tel: (949) 581-6830 ext. 2500