[10GBASE-T] RE: EMI Discussion

Hello all,

Since my earlier post with attachment could not be forwarded, I have posted
the attachment onto the CX4 site at the following URL;

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ak/MLT3_2ndOrder.jpg

It shows the PSD reduction that is likely to exist on a CAT5(e) or CAT6
cable plant due to natural filtering in the magnetics, PCB and device pads.
Since the energy above 100MHz is really not necessary for data recovery, it
could be much lower.

My point was that 10GBASE-T (or 2.5GBASE-T for that matter!) operating on
UTP will have to address the possible imbalance and other anomalous
impairments that could impact FCC/EN compliance specs at frequencies between
100MHz and 450MHz because vendors of infrastructure equipment may not have
tested in that region. George Z has pointed me to their presentation which
indicates acceptable EMI performance and I am waiting for one of his
engineers to provide more detail with regard to the breadth and depth of
testing that was done to confirm that presentation.

Best Regards,

Dan Dove
HP ProCurve Networking