[10GBASE-T] Feedback from ISO/IEC WG 3 meeting

Title: Feedback from ISO/IEC WG 3 meeting

Dear Task Force members,

I attended the ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 25/WG 3 meeting last week.  One important point of feedback that I received was if the Task Force could select the number of bits per symbol that would provide a lot more direction to WG 3.  We have been talking about the number of bits per symbol period for over a year, and I believe that it would be prudent of the Task Force to lock that number down.  I would like the Task Force to lock this number down at the March Plenary, so please consider this a request for presentations to support what our decision should be on the number of bits per symbol period.

Thank you,
Brad

Bradley Booth
Chair, IEEE P802.3an Task Force