Re: [10GBT] Channel models

Sanjay,

The cabling ad hoc presented measurement data to the study
group consisting of measurements on Category 6 and Category 5e.
The 10GBASE-T  cabling models were selected from the measurement
data and scaled to the worst case limit. The cabling models were provided to the
10GBASE-T modeling ad hoc (Chair: William Jones: wjones@solarflare.com). These models are
utilized in the 10GBASE-T modeling code.

I believe we have the measurement data you are requesting. Are you recommending that we
generate a new set of worst case models from the measurement data? If not, can you be more specific
on the need for and types of additional models required.

Measurement Data (Please find details below):

Chris DiMinico
Chair: 10GBASE-T Cabling ad hoc

Cabling ad hoc measurement topologies:
The topologies consisted of 100 meter Class E and Class D channels.
Connectors were added incrementally starting with a baseline 90 meter cable.
++Cable only
++two connectors
++three Connectors
++four connectors

Measurement Data:
Insertion Loss (4 for each configuration) (16 total)
Return Loss (4 for each configuration) (16 total)
NEXT (6 for each configuration) (24 total)
FEXT(ELFEXT) (6 for each configuration) (24 total)

Measurement data was provided by the participating companies.
 - Nordx/CDT
- Panduit Corporation
- Siemon Company
- SolarFlare Communications