Re: [10GBT] FW: Contribution for May: Clause 55: Link Segment Spe cification

Title: Message

Chris, Brad, 802-3-10gbt,

Why are NEXT and MDNEXT calculations skewed in clause 55-Link Segment-release.pdf?

If I take the limits of cable NEXT and two connectors NEXTs and do a power summation I get 1.5 dB to 4.3 dB difference.  With MDNEXT the difference is 2 dB to 6 dB, worse at higher frequencies.

I notice the same thing happening in 568-B.2-1 equations (20) and (21).

It does not happen with 568-B.1 equations (5) or (6).

The 568-B.1/ASTM D4566 PSNEXT of equation (7) and the other expressions with factors of ten produces incorrect power summations as well.

It seems to me that all these expressions for power sums should be forming as root-sum-square.

Regards,

Alan Thomas

Product Technology Development

athomas@icc.com