Re: [10GBT] Updates to web site

Brad,

I'll have an update to the Category 6 cabling adhoc channel models that
reflect the Clause 55 link segment specification by Monday (June 21).

On a related thread:
Sanjay Kasturia has requested and posted additional cabling channel models.

 I've agreed to support Sanjay's efforts by providing him the "raw measurement data" collected by the cabling Adhoc.

Just wanted to make a clear distinction between Sanjay's  efforts and the need to update

the cabling adhoc models as related to the reflector e-mail's.

In regard to Sanjay's efforts we should consider allocating time at the plenary either in the TF or

the cabling adhoc to  generate a list of objectives and requirements for additional channel models.

I had sent out a note to the reflector (5/12/2004) to stimulate that discussion (attached below).

Regards,

Chris DiMinico

Chair: 10GBASE-T Cabling Ad-hoc

Sanjay Kasturia had posted a request for additional cabling channel models in an e-mail sent to the 10GBASE-T reflector

4/10/2004 (attached below). I had responded to Sanjay that the TF cabling Adhoc had contributed a set of worst case

models to the TF modeling Adhoc group and requested that Sanjay be more specific on the need for and types

of additional models required

I’d like to continue this thread in order solicit input from the TF on the need for additional cabling models in order

to coordinate and focus the cabling adhoc on the deliverables. The TF established a baseline cabling specification

supported by the current set of models. What are the requirements and objectives for additional cabling models?

We need to focus on the development of the standard and generate a list of objectives and requirements for

additional channel models that apply to that effort. Towards that end, what are we lacking in channel models??