Re: [10GBT] Request for Cat6 Emissions Characteristics

Sailesh,

As Glenn described, when you corrected spectra.m (which improved PAM12)
you did eliminate your original "EMI PSD" plots.

We all understand that EMI is a complicated problem and hopefully it's
not an issue, but I don't think you should omit results that can be
useful to the group to evaluate. Attached is your revised code with all
four plots included (I just had to copy from your original code) plus
the FCC and CISPR EMI shapes.

Based on your corrected code and the EMI limits you provided, it appears
that the most problematic region is around 200MHz and in this area PAM12
is up to 1dB better,

Jose

PS On the peaky PSD issue, the sync pattern highest peak is 23dB below
the signal PSD. This adds about 0.02dB of ripple. I don't think test
equipment can even measure this. But if you think this ripple is too
high we can always scramble it :)

10*log10(1 + 10^(-23/10)) = 0.0217 dB