From: stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG] On
Behalf Of sailesh rao
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 6:32 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GBT] Request for Cat6 Emissions Characteristics

Hi Jose,

What happens if the THP FIR filter coefficients that we exchange are all
ZERO? For instance, you could be operating over a 0m line and/or you
could be working with a PHY vendor that knows how to do tentative
decision DFEs - we know of at least one, don't we? You cannot rely on
the THP then.

The data PSD won't help if your frame start PSD keeps shooting up
uncontrollably. I already explained why I used 128 as the frame
repetition rate. If you don't understand that explanation, please feel
free to "correct" my code.

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com