Re: [10GBT] More on the PAM12 emissions

Scott,

I already stated that I did not consider the specific requirements of the
FCC and CISPR emissions measurements since I didn't have the data on their
requirements.

In general, if you can convince communications experts that sending a fixed
pattern repeatedly is a great idea, then it logically follows that we will
all be throwing away our scramblers, thus setting back the industry at least
fifty years. Besides, I know that this is not a big issue that a simple
scrambler on the fixed pattern cannot easily solve.

Instead of continuing this debate, I would really like to focus on the
bit-to-symbol mapping of the PAM12 system that causes a 0.5dB rise and fall
in its transmit PSD as a function of the THP filter coefficients. There are
technical consequences to this phenomenon that I think needs to be explored.

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com

>From: Scott Powell <spowell@broadcom.com>
>To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
>Subject: Re: [10GBT] More on the PAM12 emissions
>Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:29:48 -0700
>
>I thought we were going to keep these discussions technical ...
>
> >>sailesh rao writes: 7/25/2004
> >
> > OK, I agree with you to keep these e-mails technical in order to advance
>the discussion.
> >

>Rather than change the subject, I, for one, would also like to see your
>analysis corrected for the errors that were pointed out.  Let's settle this
>so called ripple "issue" rather than leave it hanging.  If it is a problem
>for some reason not yet shown, there are solutions that can be explored.  I
>don't see where these frame sync's are a problem when the analysis is done
>correctly with a 120kHz resolution bandwidth.
>
>Thanks,
>   - Scott
>
>Dr. Scott Powell
>Senior Manager, Ethernet PHYs
>Broadcom Corp.
>(949)926-5105
>spowell@broadcom.com

Planning a family vacation? Check out the MSN Family Travel guide!
http://dollar.msn.com