From: stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG]On
Behalf Of Booth, Bradley
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:46 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GBT] Frame delineation in 10GBT

Brett,

I see where I screwed up.  I was forgetting the mix of control and data,
and their use of the 10 sync encoding.  Doh!  Also found where the /T/
is being used.  Yes, I was the editor, but it's been 2 years since I've
had to read it again.

Follow-up question, if we have so much padding going on, why are we
worried about "saving" a bit.  Why not lose some pad bits, use the
64B/66B as it is and be done with it?  It would definitely make writing
the specification a lot simpler.

Thanks,
Brad