Re: [10GBT] Summary of issues with PAM12

Jose,

The 780Ms/s symbol rate includes all the necessary overhead for the 64B/65B
etc. Therefore, the extra overhead in relation to the 64B/65B overhead for
the hole in the constellation is

577/156.25 = 3.69 ~= 4

When added to the pre-existing 64B/65B encoding, this becomes the equivalent
of 64B/69B encoding.

Sailesh.
srao@phyten.com