Re: [10GBT] PAM12 performance

Sailesh,

Thanks for the clarification.

I appreciate your concern for implementation issues. Ultimately the chips will land on PC boards with switching power supplies, clock distribution, high-frequency I/O busses, and imperfections that will make layout challenging. I too am concerned about some of the less tangible elements that are hard to quantify in a traditional signal analysis.

All that said, I also have concerns about pragmatic need to make forward progress on the standard. I hope that the task force can fully digest these alternatives and make a good decision that allows progress to be made. I believe that lack of forward movement at the October meeting will effectively be a step backward as the glide slope for a UTP market opportunity is closing because fiber alternatives continue to drop in cost.

Regards,

Dan