Re: [10GBT] Validity of comparing PSDs to determine electromagnetic emissions

Hugh,

The total EMI advantage I computed for PAM8 over PAM12 (2.6dB to 3.8dB) is
over the agreed upon Models, 1, 2 and 3, which include worst-case Alien
NEXT. i included the 0m calculation (4.5dB) as a basis that cannot be
disputed.

There are enough EMI challenges in 10GBASE-T (~6dB higher emissions than
1000BASE-T, ~7dB lower susceptibility than 1000BASE-T, for a total of 13dB
worse EMI performance than 1000BASE-T) for us to begin by throwing away
4.5dB.

Regards,
Sailesh.
srao@phyten.com