Re: [10GBT] Validity of comparing PSDs to determine electromagnetic emissions

Scott,

If you believe that dependent parity checks make such a huge impact on the
performance of an  LDPC code under soft-decision decoding, then why bother
adding independent parity checks and reducing the code rate? Why don't we
just keep adding dependent parity checks ad infinitum until the desired BER
performance is met? Certainly, we can do this with any (N, N-2) code, since
there are an infinite combination of dependent checks that can be created
with just two independent parity check vectors.

In any case, I intend to show simulation results for 1E-12 performance of
the (2048,1723) code at the September interim, thus obviating the need for
choosing risky LDPC codes and ensconcing them permanently in our 10GBASE-T
standard.

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com