From: stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG] On Behalf
Of sailesh rao
Sent: Mittwoch, 15. September 2004 20:07
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GBT] Discussions on precoder decisions

Gottfried,

Is the "Double Square" constellation the same as the "Checkerboard"
constellation you were telling me about last week? If not, this would be the
5th constellation I've heard about from the PAM12 camp.

Here's the list so far:

1. Original PAM-12 "donut" constellation.
2. PAM-12 Compapiano-Glazer "cross" constellation.
3. PAM-12 multi-dimensional "Kabob" constellation.
4. Checkerboard constellation.
5. PAM8/16 Double Square constellation.

A general observation is that instead of researching PAM12 constellations,
the task force would be well served if we can converge around the PAM-8
proposal and conduct a working session on the standards draft at the interim
meeting.

Regards,
Sailesh.
srao@phyten.com