Re: [10GBT] THP Fixed Set TF

Hi Pedro,

It would be good if vendors could independently evaluate
the proposed so far pre-coder TF sets in their specific
Tx and Rx configurations.

As far as the mentioned high-pass filter (HPF) is concerned
(not sure why you are referring to it as "boosting"). This
HPF is merely introducing a DC null in the channel, which it
does in a bit more "aggressive" way than the line transformer
(helps reduce channel variations sensitivity w.r.t transformer).

In "ungerboeck_1_1104" p. 15 one could notice that a first
order "DC null" filter with cut-off at 4 MHz is built into
the Tx chain -- this is the same HPF.

The way the channel is configured from the pre-coder TF point
of view in both "ungerboeck_1_1104" and "vareljian_1_1104",
this HPF could be moved from Tx to Rx side with no effect on
the final results. (By the same considerations we could move
the DFE from receiver to transmitter in the first place.)

So, there are no fundamental differences in the analyses, as
far as the HPF is concerned. [This is not to say that the
filter in question (as specified) does not have a significant
impact on the system performance.]

Hope, this clarifies.

Regards,
Albert