From: IEEE P802.3an Reflector [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Eric Wang
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:59 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [10GBT] Pair to pair unequal SNR problem

Hi Scott,
On page 10 of powell_2_0205.pdf, what you are saying is that the unequal
SNR problem is basically caused by pair to pair AFEXT differences.
Usually AFEXT is unpredictable, and the system maybe has already crashed
before it can detect which pair has the worst SNR. So I am just wondering
how interleaving and framing will help. If the unequal SNR is caused by
insertion loss differences, it is sure that simple methods, such as
interleaving, will be helpful.

Eric