From: Steve Carlson [mailto:scarlson@HSPDESIGN.COM]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:57 AM
To: STDS-802-3@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802.3] January 802.3 Interim sessions- UPDATE - Room Block Cut-off
extended to January 2, 2006

Colleagues,

If you have not done so, please make your room reservation with the meeting
hotel ASAP. The room block cut-off has been extended to January 2, 2006. We
are running just under our room night requirements, so please book now. If
you don't, 802.3 runs the risk of paying penalties for not making our room
block, and you run the risk of not having a room. Thanks for helping us out!

Here is the information on our January 2006 802.3 Interim:

Tuesday, January 10th through Friday, January 13th, 2006

Chandler, AZ, USA

(use Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport  http://phoenix.gov/AVIATION/index.html)
Recommended transportation is via Super Shuttle (www.supershuttle.com)

Meeting times and dates:

Tuesday, January 10th through Thursday, January 12th, 2006

IEEE P802.3an 10GBASE-T Task Force interim session	(T-W-Th)
IEEE P802.3ap Backplane Ethernet Task Force interim session	(T-W-Th)
IEEE P802.3ar Congestion Management Task Force interim session (T)
IEEE P802.3as Frame Expansion Task Force interim session (W)
IEEE P802.3at Power over Ethernet plus Task Force interim session (T-W-Th)
IEEE 802.3au (IEEE P802.3-2005/Cor 1) DTE Power Isolation Corrigendum Task
Force interim session (TBD during 802.3at)

Wednesday, January 11th through Friday, January 13th, 2006

IEEE P802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM Task Force interim session (W-Th-F)

San Marcos Hotel and Conference Center

Samantha Olsen-Salonis
Reservations Manager
San Marcos Golf & Conference Resort
One San Marcos Place, Chandler, Arizona 85225
(480) 857-4414 - Direct
(480) 899-5441 - Fax
solsensalonis@sanmarcosresort.com
www.sanmarcosresort.com

The hotel has a Website for booking on-line. Please go to
https://booker.hotelfactory.com/cgi/uzbook1.cgi?p=4550&c=UZ&s=SMG4550&r=www.
sanmarcosresort.com and use Group ID: 000026202. The leading zeros are
significant.

The San Marcos reservation phone number is 1-800-528-8071. Attendees may
also phone 480-857-4414, which is the direct line for Samantha
Olsen-Salonis, the hotel reservation manager, or e-mail their requests to
solesnsalonis@sanmarcosresort.com, or FAX them to 480-899-5441.  If you call
in or e-mail, simply reference IEEE 802.3.

Our room block cut-off is December 20, 2005. After that, bookings are on a
space available basis. The 802.3 rate is good for three days before and
after the meeting dates.

The $140.00 IEEE rate is the lowest rate that the hotel will offer during
our week and includes continental breakfast and the morning and afternoon
breaks, and our meeting space. There is no meeting fee, hence there is no
registration. IEEE 802.3 is the meeting host for this Interim, and it is
very important that everyone stay at the San Marcos and identify them as
802.3 participants. Please help us keep the meeting costs as low as possible
and book at our hotel.

The hotel will give a discount to 802.3 members who would like to play golf.
Our guests can play golf for $89, a discount from the regular $110 rate, by
mentioning that they're with the group when they go to the clubhouse.

Please book your rooms as soon as possible.  This information will also be
posted to http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/interims/index.html .

I look forward to seeing you in Chandler,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road