[10GBT] Resolution proposals to D3.1 comment #36

Hi Chris,

Comment 36 and its proposed resolution seems to be based on taking IL of
Disturber(s) rather than Victim in calculating PSELFEXT.  Otherwise there
would not be a 'substantial difference in IL' as is the concern raised in
comment 36. I have a couple of questions about this:

1. PSELFEXT being a measure of SNR (AFEXT relative to Signal - as is also
stated in comment 36) should be based on Rx AFEXT compared to Rx signal on
the same cable, not the Rx signal on alien cables? Thus, I don't think
taking minimium IL= minimum(disturbed pair IL,disturbing pair IL) is
justified.

2. In case you plan to make the change as per your proposals, would you
also be changing the spec line for PSAELFEXT (Eqn 55-29)?

Thanks,
Gaurav.

Project Engineer
Data Communications Competence Center