10GBASE-T Study Group
Procedures for Presenters
Requesting Presentation Time
- Presenters shall request time by Wednesday of the week
preceding the meeting.
- Requests shall be
submitted to the
- The presenter shall provide
the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time for
questions and answers)
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be provided on
a best-effort basis following the completion of
the regular agenda (or as deemed appropriate by
- A PDF, soft-copy version of
the presentation shall be emailed to the
by Wednesday of the week preceding the meeting.
- If the presentation submission deadline is missed,
the presenter will be allowed to present only if electronic
copies (CD-ROM, PCMCIA flash card, USB drive, floppy disk) or hard copies of the presentation
are made available to the group at the beginning of the meeting.
- Presentations shall be available to the group a
minimum of 24 hours before a motion can be made on any material contained within
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of
requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format.
Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format.
Presentations not in PDF format will be returned.
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 1.4 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate
- No pricing, costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted.
Relative costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of
- No company copyright or confidentiality statements.
All presentations are posted to a publicly available web site. If the
presentation is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site
the 'Document Information'
fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Subject :- IEEE 802.3 10GBASE-T Study Group
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options: 'File' -> 'Document Info'
-> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D.
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As' dialog appears hit the
'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
10GBASE-T Study Group Public Area
Last Update: 20 Jan 04