[8023-10GEPON] Ad-Hoc on Service Provider Survey / Wavelength Plan / Optical Power Budget

So far we have a few participants who have volunteered to draft the survey.  We likely need a couple more volunteers ideally from Equipment Vendors (which is presently unrepresented in the survey drafting activity).

The participants thus far are:

Jeff Mandin (Editor)

Frank Chang

Tsutomu Tatsuta

(and maybe Bill McDonald)

Please notify me (roger@luxtera.com) and Jeff (jeff_mandin@pmc-sierra.com) ASAP if you can participate in this short-term activity to draft the survey.  Jeff, you can start the process of parsing out the topics to your team and have them start to draft their contributions to the survey.  Hopefully, we will have a few more participants within the next day or two.  Ideally, the Ad-Hoc group would like to see a first draft by Oct 13th (if possible).

Listed below are the service providers that we have compiled who will be surveyed.  It is not too late to add others to the list.  Please send additional company names of PON service providers too me.  We are now ready to compile the volunteers to contact these service providers (best if you already know the responsible persons in the company or at least generally have a contact that can help you find the right person).  We are looking especially looking for persons who have knowledge and access to their database of the actual PON outside plant optical characteristics.

Please email me privately with the companies you are willing to contact.  Please include who specifically you will begin contact with and a description of their role.  From this I’ll be able to make sure we have every company covered and are not overwhelming certain companies or individuals.  I’ll then be able to confirm which contacts each of you should make and I’ll keep the confidential master list.  Once I confirm the assignments, we should notify our contacts and/or begin to navigate their organization.  Soon thereafter we’ll be able to furnish the survey and will need to follow-up to ensure their prompt completion and return so that they can be anonymized and complied into summary data from which we can begin the technical deliberation process regarding wavelength plan and optical power budget.

Bell Canada

Bell South

Bezeq

British Telecom