From: Glen Kramer [mailto:glen.kramer@teknovus.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:54 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] November meeting

Dear 10GEPON task force members,

This is a remainder to book a hotel room and arrange your travel for our
next meeting, to be held the week of November 12th in Dallas, Texas. Meeting
details can be found here:

http://ieee802.facetoface-events.com/sessions/40/index.php

During the plenary, we have 2.5 days of task force meetings. We will not
have a luxury of serializing our meetings with the High-Speed Study Group,
as we did in September.

John DAmbrosia - chair of HSSG and I are still trying to arrange schedules
such that optics discussions in both groups don't overlap, but ultimately
this depends on number of presentations submitted. We cannot guarantee that
avoiding overlaps will be possible.

To avoid missing an important discussion, if your company in interested in
both activities, please make sure that two or more people attend the
meeting, so that different people can participate in 10GEPON and in HSSG.

At the next meeting we will hear reports from two ad hoc groups: first is on
feasibility of extended split ratios, and the second one is on survey
results for wavelength plans and power budgets.

With input from ad hoc groups, we will continue our discussions on
- power budgets,
- FEC algorithm
- FEC framing,
- co-existence/wavelength plan

While the scope remains substantially the same as in September, the level of
technical details should increase, as well as number of supporters for
various proposals.

It is recommended to circulate your presentations on the reflector and get
feedback from the group. Ideally, I would like to see presentations to list
multiple supporters and be made on behalf of a group of people.

In addition to the above scope, I continue to solicit tutorial presentations
for such topics as electronic dispersion compensation, optical
amplification, etc.

Please, be reminded that requests for agenda time and presentations are due
midnight November 8th, US Pacific time.

Please, follow Procedure for Presenters, as outlined here:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/presentproc.html

See y'all in Dallas,
Glen