Re: [8023-10GEPON] 10GEPON ad hoc on higher split ratio - Task 1 presentation

Marek,
thanks for the materials.  A couple comments.

It would be helpful to define the following abbreviations: PSC, FBT, PLC.

On the conclusion slide, how are the values in the table determined?  Are they some sort of average of the previous values?  Please make that clear on the slide.

On slide 7 appears the statement that no assumptions are made about the Tx Rx for ONU / OLT, yet the concluding slide talks about the difficulty in supporting >30dB budgets and power levels at OLT Rx.  These two statements are at odds.  Are conclusions about power budget within the scope of Task 1?

Regards,
Paul Kolesar
CommScope Enterprise® Solutions
1300 East Lookout Drive
Richardson, TX 75082
Phone:  972.792.3155
Fax:      972.792.3111
eMail:   pkolesar@commscope.com

"Hajduczenia, Marek" <marek.hajduczenia@SIEMENS.COM>

11/09/2006 05:35 AM
Please respond to
"Hajduczenia, Marek" <marek.hajduczenia@SIEMENS.COM>

STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
cc
Subject
[8023-10GEPON] 10GEPON ad hoc on higher split ratio - Task 1 presentation

Dear all,
attached please find a pdf copy of the presentation from Task 1 of the ad hoc on higher split ration in 10GEPON systems. I would appreciate if all the participants of the Task 1 of the said ad hoc emailed me with the name and company in the form they want them to be included in the presentation. Additionally, all other supporters are also more than welcome.

I am looking forward to receiving any comments, suggestions, request for clarification etc.
If necessary, I can add slides presenting the splitter loss estimation methodology though I did not deem it necessary in the current presentation.

Best wishes

Marek Hajduczenia (141238)
SIEMENS Networks S.A. - IC
COM D1 R

Rua Irmãos Siemens, 1
Ed. 1, Piso 1
Alfragide
2720-093 Amadora
Portugal

*
Marek.Hajduczenia@siemens.com
http://marekhaj.easyisp.pl/index.php

(
+351.21.416.7472  4+351.21.424.2082

 [attachment "3av_0611_hajduczenia_1.pdf" deleted by Paul F Kolesar/CommScope]