Re: [8023-10GEPON] Questionnaire

Shane,

Thank you. The survey will be posted shortly with the rest of submitted
presentations.

My thoughts on the cover letter: looks good.
Since the cover letter has not been discussed on the conference call, I made
some small changes to improve readability (changes highlighted). Carriers
are sorted by name.  Feel free to accept or defer to the meeting, but let me
know which version to post.

A few questions:
1) I thought that this general cover letter will be included as part of the
survey document in place of Introduction section. Every ad hoc member who
writes to their carrier contact will have to write a personal letter anyway.

2) Not very clear how we can promise confidentiality.  After all, the data
should be presented to the task force and maybe the work group as well.
Perhaps in the letter we should explain that all references to the source of
information will be removed before the data is presented.

3) How we will distribute the survey: pdf? Word doc?  If pdf, we need to add
writable fields. In any case, some people may opt to fill by hand and send
by fax. Please, provide "secure" fax number.

Regards,
Glen

C_WorkingIEEESurvey Cover Letter (gk).doc