[8023-10GEPON] [Channel model]

Dear all,
Since there was no activity recently on the reflector on the topic of channel model, I decided to bring this topic again for discussion. So far, we produced only a limited translation matrix between IEEE and ITU definitions and specifications, with a number of parameters, terms and concepts still missing (BTW: Does anybody have access to SO/IEC 2382-25:1992 and would be willing to look up some definitions, please contact me). The currently valid list of definitions is attached to this email:

There is another topic though - we are still goign to have to discuss the issues related with the extended channel model and so far I have received no contributions on this topic. We did not discuss that in more depth apart from initial suggestions from Dawe, which I found very useful. I would appreciate if at least some of the people who indicated their interest in this ad-hoc, became active and started looking at the current Channel Model spreadsheet.

The main issues we need to cover is:
- presence of the downstream video overlay signal - any ideas how to include that in the spreasheet, what parameters we need to specify etc.
- presence of the PSC module - this one is faily straighfowards since it should only add to channel insertion loss while not introducing any additional side effects
- any other issues that we need to take into account ?

I would appreciate any feedback on this. I know it is Christmas time for many of You but we also have some deadlines to keep.

Thank You for Your time and consideration

Marek Hajduczenia
SIEMENS Networks S.A. - IC COM D1 R
Rua Irmãos Siemens, 1
Ed. 1, Piso 1