De: Brian Holden [mailto:Brian_Holden@PMC-SIERRA.COM]
Enviada: seg 1/15/2007 7:27
Para: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
Assunto: [8023-10GEPON] Question about dual MII solution

All,
During the break, I was suggesting the following to several folks:

Question - Is the assertion that Frank E. made that the initial Trans-Impedance Amplifier needs to know what rate is coming to be configured properly true?

   1)  if true, then one possible solution may be to
        a) set up a schedule for the receiver via the XGMII management interface (the encoding may need to be clever to fit into the unused registers)
            b) the latency properties of that management interface may need to be constrained to allow the schedule setup in real-time

   2) if false, then the dual MII solution is likely workable
            a)  presumably the solution would involve some sort of "dual Trans-Impedance Amplifier"
            b)  a likely compromise is that some additional loss over what would be needed for bandwidth optimized designs may need to be budgeted for

  Brian Holden
  PMC-Sierra

Brian Holden        PMC-Sierra, Inc.
3975 Freedom Circle, Santa Clara  CA  USA
+1.408.239.8123   Fax +1.408.492.9462
brian_holden@pmc-sierra.com   http://www.pmc-sierra.com