[8023-10GEPON] FW: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] ad hoc group meeting - CORRECTE D

There was an error in my first email w/r/t to the time of the Wednesday 1/31
call.  It will be held at 9AM to enable European participation.
************
All,

I appreciate the expression of interest I received in the Power Budget ad
hoc from 10 individuals.  I expect more than that to join the calls.

The first meeting will be held Tuesday, January 30 at 7PM EST, which I
believe is
Wednesday January 31 at 9AM in Tokyo. This meeting would likely be
attended by anyone in Japan, Korea, or the US West Coast.

I will also hold a follow-up call on Wednesday January 31 at 9AM EST
for anyone on the East Coast of the US or in Europe who wishes to
participate.  I believe that will be 2 or 3PM for Europe cities.

Toll-free in US	866-263-8899
Outside US 	816-249-6061
Conf. Code	7707985015

I propose that the ad hoc will meet four times between now and March
Plenary, with following goals:

1/30 & 31 - purpose is to review a summary of results and conclusions from
previously prepared materials, discuss what seem like most likely solutions
for 29dB power budgets, and to generate questions that need answers to turn
preliminary conclusions into consensus conclusions based on cost and
technical feasibility.  I am preparing that presentation to review in
consultation with others. Ad hoc participants will be expected to take
action items from the first meeting to bring back answers to the questions
raised.

week of 2/12 - purpose is to bring back answers to questions raised in
previous meeting and debate their meaning, with goal of focusing down on one
PMD proposal one which to analyze further for the 29 dB power budget case.

week of 2/26 - purpose is to finish up any unanswered questions for 29dB
power budget solution, and begin to discuss whether the 29 dB solution can
form the basis for reduced cost PMDs for lower power budget cases?

week of 3/5 - review and revise a presentation for March plenary

Robert

Robert Lingle, Jr.
Fiber Design and Transmission Research
OFS Corporate R&D, Atlanta