Re: [8023-10GEPON] FW: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] ad hoc group meeting - CORRECTE D

Dear Robert and Marek,

Thank you for your arrangement.
I have some opinions about this issue.

I think our target is 29dB maximum insertion loss so far (See a result of
the straw poll in November meeting, which is described in page 6 and 8 of
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2006_11/3av_0611_closing.pdf).

So, at first, we need to decide the power budget, and it is derived from
the spread sheet which Marek is making now.
I made a slide which described a relation between some numbers, which were
defined in Tanaka-san presentation in November, and the spread sheet.
Also, I made a slide which described ITU-T terminology for your information.

Can we start to define the power budget?

Sincerely yours,
Tsutomu TATSUTA

At 00:47 07/01/27, Lingle, Jr, Robert (Robert) wrote:
 >There was an error in my first email w/r/t to the time of the Wednesday 1/31
 >call.  It will be held at 9AM to enable European participation.
 >************
 >All,
 >
 >I appreciate the expression of interest I received in the Power Budget ad
 >hoc from 10 individuals.  I expect more than that to join the calls.
 >
 >The first meeting will be held Tuesday, January 30 at 7PM EST, which I
 >believe is
 >Wednesday January 31 at 9AM in Tokyo. This meeting would likely be
 >attended by anyone in Japan, Korea, or the US West Coast.
 >
 >I will also hold a follow-up call on Wednesday January 31 at 9AM EST
 >for anyone on the East Coast of the US or in Europe who wishes to
 >participate.  I believe that will be 2 or 3PM for Europe cities.
 >
 >Toll-free in US	866-263-8899
 >Outside US 	816-249-6061
 >Conf. Code	7707985015
 >
 >I propose that the ad hoc will meet four times between now and March
 >Plenary, with following goals:
 >
 >1/30 & 31 - purpose is to review a summary of results and conclusions from
 >previously prepared materials, discuss what seem like most likely solutions
 >for 29dB power budgets, and to generate questions that need answers to turn
 >preliminary conclusions into consensus conclusions based on cost and
 >technical feasibility.  I am preparing that presentation to review in
 >consultation with others. Ad hoc participants will be expected to take
 >action items from the first meeting to bring back answers to the questions
 >raised.
 >
 >week of 2/12 - purpose is to bring back answers to questions raised in
 >previous meeting and debate their meaning, with goal of focusing down on one
 >PMD proposal one which to analyze further for the 29 dB power budget case.
 >
 >week of 2/26 - purpose is to finish up any unanswered questions for 29dB
 >power budget solution, and begin to discuss whether the 29 dB solution can
 >form the basis for reduced cost PMDs for lower power budget cases?
 >
 >week of 3/5 - review and revise a presentation for March plenary
 >
 >Robert
 >
 >Robert Lingle, Jr.
 >Fiber Design and Transmission Research
 >OFS Corporate R&D, Atlanta