From: Frank Chang [mailto:ychang@VITESSE.COM]
Sent: sexta-feira, 2 de Fevereiro de 2007 22:59
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] ad hoc group 2nd meeting

Hi Robert;

Very nice notes. One question again I'd like to stress:

1) Can someone elaborate the apps background of 29dB? is it simply for the loosy legacy fiber link? If not, I suggest we specify 29dB for high split ratios. We have 24dB for 20km with at least 1:16, then 29dB could be usable for 64 or higher. This is important for leveraging the 10G ONU cost.

2) The question of EFM FEC is good one. I know it's now rarely used by fields. Can someone explain how this feature is optional? So one doesnot have to pay its complex if donot need the gain.

Regards
-Frank