From: TATSUTA [mailto:tatsuta@ANSL.NTT.CO.JP]
Sent: terça-feira, 6 de Fevereiro de 2007 3:16
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] ad hoc group 2nd meeting

Dear Marek,

At first, I have to explain 29dB CHIL.
In case of our network, 1x32 and 10km reach needs 29dB CHIL.
So, 1x64 and 10km needs 32dB CHIL.

However, I think we can use 29dB CHIL for 1x32 split and 20km in the spread
sheet, because it looks more reasonable for the other people.
Also, somebody can use the 29dB CHIL system for 1x64 and 10km.

My question is why we need to decide split ratio?
I think the split ratio needs to be decided for calculating a channel
insertion loss or a power budget.
Once the power budget is decided, an operator can use the system for what
they want.
Somebody can use it for 1x64 and 10km, somebody can use it for 1x128 and
5km, etc.

Sincerely yours,
Tsutomu TATSUTA