[8023-10GEPON] [FEC] Upstream Framework

All,

Attached is a revision of my upstream framework proposal.  It includes the following changes (mostly from the last telecon discussion):

  * presented as a "single stack"

  * Data Detector and Burst Controller are unified

  * state machines follow 802.3 conventions

  * data detector FIFO is 36bits wide

  * synchronization patterns are inserted to replace data from the FEC encoder (taken from Effenberger/Kramer scheme)

Slide 8 describes some functionality that is currently not included in the state diagram.  I think there is precedent for this in .3 as we can discuss - in any case it is a detail.

BRs,

- Jeff

UpstreamMandin_020726.pdf