Re: [8023-10GEPON] [Dual-Rate-PMD] New merged draft of presentation

Dear Frank and David,

I agree to Frank and I have two comments.

I don’t think PMD must discriminate data bit-rates at each burst signal
reception. Because the pattern matching of delimiters and/or preambles
(in addition to 64B/66B and 8B/10B rules) can discriminate valid data
from 1G and 10G signals even if CDR can discriminate both bit-rate
signals and PHY don’t know which signal comes.

I don’t think the electrical splitter loss degrades SNR directly because
major noise sources are optical front-end circuits (PD + TIA).  So I
believe we only have to compensate the electrical splitter loss.

Best Regards,
Ken-Ichi

--
Ken-Ichi Suzuki
NTT Access Network Service Systems Labs.