Re: [8023-10GEPON] Reminder to presenters and Time slot request

Tatsuta san,
First let me thank you for your comments.
Please see my responses inline below.
Best Regards
Duane

TATSUTA wrote:
Dear Duane,

This is Tsutomu TATSUTA from NTT.
I have some editorial comments on your proposal.

-slide 6
It is better that a name of "Clause “B” is "Extensions of the Reconciliation Sublayer (RS) and Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) / Physical Media Attachment (PMA) for 10GBASE-PX for multipoint links and forward error correction.", isn't it?
drr> I was intentionally staying away from "proper" names because we have not yet agreed on any official names, hence PMD#1 etc.

-slide 7
1. We need "PMD to MDI optical specifications for PMD#3".
2. A.5 is "Illustrative PMD#1, PMD#2 and PMD#3 channels and penalties (informative)".
3. A.6 is "Jitter at TP1-4 for PMD#1, PMD#2 and PMD#3 (informative)".
drr>  Your comment is well taken and I will make this change for consistency.  From other discussions on the exploder it does not appear we are agreed on the number of PMDs.  Hence it may end up being "PMD#1 thru PMD#24" (but I hope not!).

-slide 9
B.3 is "Extensions to PMA for 10GBASE-PX", isn't it?
drr> Again names are to be determined.

Sincerely yours,
Tsutomu TATSUTA

At 07:59 07/03/06, Duane Remein wrote:
>All,
>Please remember that Glen is traveling and has asked me to upload presentations to the IEEE WEB site.  So far I have 1 presentation from Peter Anslow, 5 from Frank E., 1 from Marek H. and 1 from Glen (along with the one from myself attached).
>
>Glen,
>Can I please get about 15 minutes to present the attached file on behalf of Marek and myself at the Orlando meeting?  The presentation covers some preliminary logistics to help provide us with direction in preparing for Draft 1 editing tasks.
>Thanks
>Duane
begin:vcard
fn:Duane R. Remein
n:Remein;Duane R.
org:Alcatel-Lucent;Systems Engineering
adr;dom:;;2301 Sugar Bush Rd.;Raleigh;NC;27613
email;internet:duane.remein@alcatel-lucent.com
tel;work:919 850 6458
note:Note: my e-mail address has changed recently, please update your records.
url:http://www.alcate.com
version:2.1
end:vcard