Re: [8023-10GEPON] [Link_model] Link model tools updated ...

Dear Marek,

This is Naoto Saeki of NEC.

We had a discussion on the current spread sheets among some Japanese
members.
And we have found out there are several issues to be considered.

One of the most important issue is that chromatic dispersion penalty of
single
mode LD is not accurately incorporated in the spread sheets. I think
this had
already been pointed out by many members, but has been left as it is for
many
years.

In specifying the power budgets, it is very important to know how much
dispersion penalty should be alocated in channel insertion loss for
upstream
and downstream. And so the spread sheets should play a role in
estimating such
power penalties. However, with the current spread sheets, we may not be
able
to estimate the dispersion penalty properly.

Considering this situation, we should discuss in the upcoming plenary
meeting
about how we incorporate the dipersion pelalty in the spread sheets.

This issue was already discussed a little in the last November meeting as
described in "3av_0611_tanaka_1.pdf".

So I think it is good idea to restart the discussion with this material.

Hajduczenia, Marek wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the updated set of tools for Link Channel model is available at: http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/index.html
>
> There are two updated Excel spreadsheets and 4 Matlab files with:
>
> *	the implementation of the SRS penalty calculator and two exemplary files presenting how to use the said package
> *	implemented attenuation curves for G.652 A&B and C&D fibers
>
> The code is densely commented thus I expect no problems with their application.
>
> Should any issues arise, please let me know.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Marek

Naoto Saeki         Network Platform Development Division
                     NEC Corporation
E-mail: n-saeki@bl.jp.nec.com
TEL : +81-4-7185-7523 (Ext. 78371)
Cell: +81-80-6600-8697
FAX : +81-4-7185-7939
All Contents of this Email are Considered NEC Proprietary and
  Confidential - Use Pursuant to Company Instructions.