Re: [8023-10GEPON] [Link_model] Link model tools updated ...

Dear Saeki-san,

I do not recall anyone pointing out that dispersion compensation is
calculated improperly in the current Link Model spreadsheet. Also, I
looked in 3av_0611_tanaka_1.pdf and this file does not say that either.

Could you please, provide more details of what is incorrect in your
opinion?

I am working on a schedule for our Orlando meeting right now. If you
want to initiate/lead this discussion, please prepare a presentation
that outlines the issues and suggests a solution.

Please, let me know ASAP how much time you would like me to allocate for
this discussion. (Since this is a post-deadline request, I will allocate
the time on a best-effort basis, but it looks right now that we will be
able to accommodate this request.)

I would also suggest that you discuss this issue and the proposed
solution with the original authors of the Link model and either get
their support for the changes, or get the explanation of why the
dispersion penalty calculation is not accurate, and was not accurate for
many years, as you said. I copied this e-mail to them as well.

Thank you,
Glen