Re: [8023-10GEPON] [Link_model] Link model tools updated ...

Dear Glen,

Unfortunately I can not attend 802.3av task force meeting in Florida.
But Mr. Yanagisawa is attending the meeting, he is expert of optical
transceiver. Please discuss him about this topics.

I am trying to understand the spread sheet for 10GE-PON optical link
model. During the discussion with my colleagues and some Japaneses .3av
members, we recognized that the spread sheet does not consider a
dispersion penalty by LD charp. It is also mentioned in
http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/sep01/dawe_1_0901.pdf

I am now studying the equation for dispersion and definition of
dispersion penalty by charp. And dispersion penalty is closely related
with charp parameter.

I think there are several issues for definition of dispersion penalty.
I will prepare a presentation for next meeting.

Best Regards.
Naoto Saeki, NEC Corporation.