[8023-10GEPON] March meeting overview and minutes

Dear colleagues,

The minutes of March IEEE802.3av TF meeting have been uploaded
(http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_03/3av_0703_minutes_unapproved.
pdf)

At this meeting, the task force has selected a number of baseline
proposals, shown at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/baseline.html.

Also, in a live tutorial session led by Marek, we applied proposed power
budgets
(http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_03/3av_0703_effenberger_5.pdf)
to our Optical Link Model spreadsheet. On the first look, it appears
that all 3 budgets are feasible. These budgets are shown in
"10GEPON-D.0.4_with_examples.xls" available from our Tools page
(http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/index.html). Please, refer to
6 pages starting with "T-". (The 3 budgets are tentatively referred to
as PX10, PX20, and PX30.)

And finally, moving toward our May meeting, the following Action Items
were discussed:

1) Revise Link Model Spreadsheet Interface (Marek)
	No changes to equations

2) Review Link Model Spreadsheet
	Be ready to vote to approve equations (not values) or say what
	is wrong

3) Review Power Budget proposals (3av_0703_effenberger_5.pdf pages 5-7)
	Finalize penalties of dual rate PMD
	Be ready to vote to approve or say what is wrong and
	suggest alternatives

4) Wavelength Plan Proposal (Tanaka)

5) Work on consolidating FEC proposals
	Simulation for impact of not aligning /S/ to byte 0 (Glen)
	Function to remove Idles (sub-rating)
	Placement of Data Detector
	Verification of final state machine(s) (Marek)

6) PMD types and naming (Duane)
	How many, how to name
	Once agreed by the TF, prepare overview for IEEE 802.3 (Glen)

7) Outline of clauses, maybe some introduction text, description of
objectives (Duane & Marek)

I thank all attendees for the productive meeting and am looking forward
to seeing everybody in Geneva in May.

Glen