From: Glen Kramer [mailto:glen.kramer@TEKNOVUS.COM]
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:05 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] [FEC] Start-of-frame alignment

All,

Following an action item I've taken in Orlando, here is a short report on advantages and disadvantages of aligning start-of-frame characters
(/S/) to byte 0 of the 66-bit block.

I would appreciate your feedback on the slides as well as expression of opinion of whether such alignment should or should not be done.

Thank you,
Glen

NOTE: This e-mail and the attached document express my views as an individual contributor to the task force, not as task force chair.