From: Lingle, Jr, Robert (Robert) [mailto:rlingle@OFSOPTICS.COM]
Sent: terça-feira, 8 de Maio de 2007 4:10
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] power budget ad hoc teleconference -- UPDATED TIMES

All,

The power budget ad hoc calls prior to Geneva will occur:

May 8, 8PM EST / May 9 12noon EST
May 15, 8PM EST / May 16 12noon EST

Toll-free in US 866-263-8899
Outside US 816-249-6061
Conf. Code 7707985015

Agenda
1. Input on technical and economic feasibility of components required by the
draft power budget. We need input on technical feasibility and impact on
relative costs for:

a. Upstream: Depending on assumptions, the ONU will require a DML DFB, able
to meet -40 to +65C temperature requirements, with minimum average output
power between +3 and +5 dBm.

b. Downstream: APD at the ONU, the Tx at the OLT will need to be an EML with
+3 dBm minimum average output power.

c. Downstream: PIN at the ONU, The Tx at the OLT will need to be an
amplified EML with +8 to +11 dBm minimum average output power

2. Discuss differences between the draft budgets (for PX10, PX20, and B++)
sent to the Reflector by Effenberger (4/18) and Takizawa (4/30). Budget
drafter are urged to put their proposals in the IEEE budget format, using
units of OMA as soon as possible.

Robert