[8023-10GEPON] ONT Relative Functional Cost Information

Given that we are beginning the serious work of making technology vs relative cost trade offs I offer the following information on the relative cost of functions within an ONT.  I would strongly encourage other PON Equipment vendors to contribute similar input and/or validate these figures.  Congratulation to JDSU on supplying information on optical components and I encourage other component vendors to contribute also.
Best Regards
Duane

Percent of Total Total
Function Min Max
Optics 30% 50%
Silicon 17% 8%
Mech 14% 11%
PCB 12% 8%
Power Conversion
9% 10%
Misc 18% 13%
Grand Total 100% 100%

begin:vcard
fn:Duane R. Remein
n:Remein;Duane R.
org:Alcatel-Lucent;Systems Engineering
adr;dom:;;2301 Sugar Bush Rd.;Raleigh;NC;27613
email;internet:duane.remein@alcatel-lucent.com
tel;work:919 850 6458
url:http://www.alcate.com
version:2.1