Re: [8023-10GEPON] [PMD Naming Conventions] Proposal for Simplex PMD Names

Dear Duane,

Thank you for your excellent work.
Could I give you one comment and one question?

C1. I do not oppose to use a word "30", but I do not think "30" means 30km.
As I sometimes mentioned in the IEEE meeting, 29dB CHIL is necessary for a
real ODN even if it is 10 or 20km length.

Q1. I think PX10/20-D and PX10/20-U are not used to mention Downstream and
Upstream in 1G-EPON (IEEE802.3ah).
The "-D" is used for OLT transmitter and receiver, and the "-U" is used for
ONU transmitter and receiver.
Do you know the reason?

Sincerely yours,
Tsutomu TATSUTA

At 23:39 07/05/18, Duane Remein wrote:
 >All,
 >As tasked in the Orlando Meeting I have come up with some options for PMD
naming.  These are outlined in the attached presentation.  I would
appreciate your feedback (and valued support for this proposal).  I will
try to integrate any input received by 8:00 AM (EST) Monday  5/21 in the
final proposal to be presented in Geneva.