Re: [8023-10GEPON] [CHANNEL_LINK] New Excel spreadhseet available ...

Dear Marek,

This is Naoto Saeki of NEC.
Thank you for your great work to update the spread sheet for 10GE-PON.
I am trying to understand this complicated spread sheet and add
dispersion penalty by LD charp.
Please find attached pdf file and comment me.

I have a basic question for relevancy between spread sheet and standard
document.
Frankly say, is it needed to define a specification value in standard ?
or just tool for help to understand and estimate optical link model?
I would like to know which parameter should be defined by the spread sheet.

I can only find the value of TDP that may have relevancy to the spread
sheet. If so, how can we estimate TDP for 10GE-PON.
In my understanding, TDP for 802.3ah was defined with experimental
validation.
How accurate the value of TDP in the spread sheet?

I hope you will advice me on this topics.

Best Regards,
Naoto Saeki

Hajduczenia, Marek wrote:
> Dear all,
> it is my pleaseure to inform You that a new version of the channel link
> model is available at: http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/index.html
> The list of introduced changes (non-exhaustive) includes the following
> items:
>
>     * Modified user interface - all typical user input was grouped in a
>       single table
>     * The spreadsheet is locked by default (no password) providing
>       access only to user input fields
>     * All tables with less frequently observed/modified parameters were
>       moved to row 500
>     * Modified fibre attenuation curve selector - right now it is
>       possible to use the previously existing model ("standard" in cell
>       B24) or G652 AB/CD type of curves
>     * Added G652AB/CD fibre attenuation curves with min/max values to
>       observe changes on the power budget in the function of fibre
>       attenuation (set B24 to G652AB or G652CD and modify cell B25 to
>       get min/max curves)
>     * Added curve type selector for PSC attenuation curve (cell B18)
>       with 3 possible values i.e. min/max/average, as discussed in
>       3av_0611_hajduczenia_1.pdf
>       <http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2006_11/3av_0611_hajduczenia_1.pdf>
>
>     * Set-up the print area so that there is a table with parameters
>       along with the charts
>     * Added uniform colour coding to indicate
>       correct/incorrect/input/output cells
>     * Added Macro to allow the user to input Extinction Ratio and vary
>       either Tx_Pave_dBm or TxPave_OMA (cells B4 or B5) - please allow
>       macros in this document if You want to use this particular
>       functionality
>     * Added 4 columns for upper and lower limits used in conditional
>       formating in User input and Calculated Parameters tables.
>
> I would appreciate all constructive comments on this issue.
> Thank You and best wishes
> **
> *Marek Hajduczenia (141238)**
> **SIEMENS Networks S.A. - IC* *COM D1 R*
> Rua Irmãos Siemens, 1
> Ed. 1, Piso 1
> Alfragide
> 2720-093 Amadora
> Portugal
> * _Marek.Hajduczenia@siemens.com
> _http://www.marekhajduczenia.info/index.php_
> <mailto:Marek.Hajduczenia@siemens.comhttp://www.marekhajduczenia.info/index.php>_(+351.21.416.7472  4+351.21.424.2082

Naoto Saeki     Project Manager (NEC Certified Professional)
		Access Network Project
                 Broadband Networks Operations Unit
                 NEC Corporation
E-mail: n-saeki@bl.jp.nec.com
TEL : +81-4-7185-7523 (Ext. 78371)
Cell: +81-80-6600-8697
FAX : +81-4-7185-7939
All Contents of this Email are Considered NEC Proprietary and
  Confidential - Use Pursuant to Company Instructions.

Adobe PDF document