[8023-10GEPON] Error handling and Idle deletion state machine

Glen and members of the Task Force,

I have attached two presentations for the Geneva meeting.

Idle Deletion / Start Alignment / Error Checking State Machine:

This presentation proposes a state machine to sit within the PCS to handle the idle deletion, start alignment (if necessary) and the error checking described in the second presentation.

10GEPON PCS Error Handling:

This presentation proposes some additional error checking at the top of the PCS in order to further minimize the chance that the ONU can have its laser turned on out of slot.

If anyone would like to lend their support to either of these presentations, I would be happy to do so.  Any questions or comments are also welcome, and I can make sure to address them next week or present modified slides if needed.

Eric Lynskey

3av_0705_lynskey_2.pdf

3av_0705_lynskey_1.pdf