Re: [8023-10GEPON] [CHANNEL_LINK] New Excel spreadhseetavailable ...

Dear Marek,

I recognized one thing and I have to correct my former e-mail.

It looks that TDP in Table 60-3 and Table 60-6 of IEEE802.3ah came from a
row "W" of the spread sheet, though PX20-1490 is different between the spec
and the spread sheet (Maybe it is a mistake?).
And the allocation for penalties in Table 60-9 of IEEE802.3ah looks like
calculated by TDP + 0.2dB (I do not know where +0.2dB came from).

Anyway, do we need to use the row "W" of
"10GEPON-D[1].0.4_with_examples.xls" to estimate a power budget?
Now it is an enormously big value, Downstream of PX-30 is 4.2dB and
Upstream is 3.5dB.

I apologize for confusing you.

Sincerely yours,
Tsutomu TATSUTA

At 11:54 07/05/22, TATSUTA wrote:
 >Dear Marek,
 >
 >Sorry for my late reply.
 >
 >A following comment relates to your file.
 >>>5. Cell "B42" in file "10GEPON-D[1].0.7" is specified as
other_penalties which represents other system penalties. However a value is
derived from cell "L7" in file "10GEPON-D[1].0.4_with_examples", which
represents Connections etc. I think this value should be included in ChIL
and a penalty should come from cell "V34".
 >>>[Marek Hajduczenia] In
<http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/10GEPON-D.0.7h.xls>http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/10GEPON-D.0.7h.xls,
the cell other_penalties (B42) is a total of the non-linear penalties (B21)
and fibre plant penatlies (B22), whic includes splices, connectors etc.
Cell B41 (fibre_loss) includes pure fibre loss only, assuming there are no
connectors, PSC etc. and the channel is ideal.
 >>>[Marek Hajduczenia] As far as I understand the question, what You're
saying Tatsuta-san is that we should take the splices, connectors etc. and
include them in the CHIL and take the system penalties as the maximum value
calculated in cell V34. Please note however that the said system penalty
value You refer that is column V is not used in any calculations apart from
charting ... It is hard for me to say whether we should therefore use this
value or not.
 >>Umm..... a little complicated.
 >>Is not A value of "V34" used for anything except for making the chart?
 >>[Marek Hajduczenia] As far as I can say .... no. In terms of
calculations, we take the difference between the Tx power and Rx
sensitivity, substract the fibre loss, PSC loss and additional channel loss
(splitters etc.) and what's left is what goes for penatlies and power
margins. I am not aware how precisely one can model the RIN penalities etc.
That would have to be explored in depth but I would say those values are
pessimistic at best. That is at least the impression I get from the white
paper and discussions with Piers and Pete ... In other words, in the
spreadsheet we estimate the maximum value of the penalities we can tolerate
in the system and do not try to estimate their values per say ... I hope
that is clear right now.
 >>I thought this sheet was used for calculating a power penalty as well as
calculating a ChIL
 >>[Marek Hajduczenia] Indeed it is. It just gives You the upper bound on
how much penalty You can tolerate in the system ... As I said before, the
formulas governing calculation of individual penalities are approximated at
best so do not count on really precise modelling. Matlab would have to be
used to calculate them precisely.
 >>If you are right, how can we calculate the penalties?
 >>[Marek Hajduczenia] By calculate You mean take a formula and plugin in
some numbers and get a result. You can estimate their values in the
extended tables (lines 15 - 34 in D.0.4) but I am not sure about their
precision level ... Piers would have to answer that but from what I gather
from the white paper, the modelling is simplified to be used in Excel. You
might need to use Matlab models to produce more precise results.

 >>Sincerely yours,
 >>Tsutomu TATSUTA
 >
 >I rechecked a relationship between IEEE802.3ah spec and the spread sheet,
and I understood your answers. If my understanding is right, there is not
so strict relationship between a value of the penalty in IEEE802.3ah spec
and the spread sheet.
 >So, there is still remaining one question in my head.
 >
 >How can we calculate a penalty value for estimating a power budget?
 >I think there are two ways to estimate the power budget.
 >
 >1. We decide the power budget and CHIL at first, and then we calculate
the allocation for penalty by subtracting the CHIL from the power budget.
 >2. We decide CHIL and the penalty at first, and then we calculate the
power budget by adding the CHIL and the penalty.